CFA Institute is a non profit organization that’s main office is at USA. It has a global presence and have offices across the world. The institute offers Chartered Financial Analyst course that’s a highest education recognized in investment industry.This is a graduate level programme that requires clearing 3 sequential exams.
Benefits and Career Prospects
- CFA is based on self study format hence one can continue learning with ones full time job.
- CFA is one of the most sort after qualification when it comes to career in investment profession.
- The CFA Charter has global recognition with its presence in almost 135 countries.
- The course focuses on practical aspects, breadth of knowledge and fundamentals of investment profession.
- On completion one becomes the member of a community that comprises of 90000 professional world over. This gives a competitive edge.
- The course acts as your global passport as you become most sort after professional in investment specialties and markets across the world.
- To be eligible to appear for the entrance exam one should have a bachelor’s degree or be in a final year of degree program. If this is not the case then one should at least have four years of professional working experience excluding any internship or part time experience. A combination of work experience and college education summing up to 4 years will also do.
- Candidates willingly to take the exam need to sign Candidate responsibility statement that outlines the code of conduct and ethics of the programme.
- Since the exam is conducted in English one should be well versed with the same.
- Candidate must also have a valid international passport, this is effective 1 January 2011.
How to Enroll
- To enroll for the exam one needs to register online on the official CFA site and fill the application.
- After registering for exam one need to make the one time enrollment fee that’s approx 20000 Rs and Exam fees that includes that cost of the online syllabus of around 40-50 K rs.Then one an choose when and where to take the Exam.
- Leve1 Exam is conducted twice year in June and December. To appear for the December 2010 exam payment deadlines are 24th August and 15 September.