- How To Start A Career In PharmacyPosted 601 days ago
- Career In Investment BankingPosted 601 days ago
- Various Careers In The Field Of Medical AdministrationPosted 601 days ago
- 5 Interior Decorating Schools In South AfricaPosted 601 days ago
- Business Administration Course RequirementsPosted 604 days ago
- Customer Care Training CoursesPosted 605 days ago
- Courses To Take For A Homeopathic CollegePosted 605 days ago
Ways to Score High On The GRE
Once you are done with your Bachelor’s degree, if you want to go for a Master’s, one thing, among many others, that you simply have to do, is get a high score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). It is the single most important exam that a person intending to pursue a Master’s Degree has to perform well in. The good news is that, the GRE score makes you eligible for admission in not only US universities but also in various other universities in foreign countries.
The GRE is conducted by the Education Testing Service (ETS) and is one of the most important stepping stones towards a great Master’s Degree from a top university. This article aims to give you an outline regarding what you can do to maximize your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score. Read on for more information.
- Awareness. Nothing beats awareness. A person who is aware of his/her surroundings is naturally better equipped than one who is not. Of course, in this case the awareness is not so much about surroundings but about the need, pattern, syllabus, question type, question difficulty and important dates regarding the GRE. Be aware of these things, so that you will have a natural upper hand.
- Know the direction to each question. The GRE has many different types of question which you, as a test taker, have to solve within a stipulated amount of time. In such a scenario, it is obvious that a person who knows the directions that appear before the question (what to do with the question), has an advantage in terms of saving a valuable amount of time in ultimately solving the question.
- Go onto the next question. In a time-bound test, you can’t get stuck on one question, because, in that case, there is the chance that you may miss out on other questions you could have easily solved. So the trick is to do as many questions as you can on the first attempt and leave those questions which you are getting stuck on, for later.
- Be sure of your answers. The problem with Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) for the GRE is that you can’t go back to a question once you have answered it. So be doubly sure before selecting an answer and going on to the next question.
- Do the questions at the beginning with more attention. This is because of the fact that the system of the CAT for the GRE is such that the questions at the beginning of the test affect your score more. Pay more attention to these questions.
- Don’t leave any question. The GRE doesn’t carry any negative marking. As a result, be sure, that by the end of the test, you have answered all the questions.
- Do a ‘test drive’ some time before the actual test. Be acquainted with your test venue, know the routes to it, estimate the time you will require to start in order to reach the venue on time. Any other factor that you need to get familiar with is also included in this point.
Wishing you all the very best for the GRE. The most important thing to remember is never to panic and to remain cool no matter what happens in the test.